As a result of the 2016 Freedom Fest success, we were able to donate:
• $1,500 to the Morrison County Sherriff’s Office for supplies
• $1,500 in scholarships to Pierz Healy High School
• $1,600 for activities at the local assisted living facilities
• $1,500 towards the Morrison County Chaplaincy Fund
• $5,000 for St. Nick Night
• $1,000 for the Pierz Lions new Oktoberfest Fireworks Funds
• $500 went to Pioneer Student Council for the district’s Coats for Kids
• $500 towards Rock, Roll, & Stroll
Thank you everyone. Together, we made this possible.
Did you know that Pierz Freedom Fest is entirely planned and organized by the Pierz Commercial Club?
For this reason, Freedom Fest is committed to contributing much more to the community than just an awesome music festival for you and your friends and family! (Even though that’s pretty great, too!) We also do a lot of good in Pierz and the surrounding communities.
In no particular order, the Pierz Freedom Fest 2016 Mission was to:
- Pay for Pierz Area Commercial Club Events through the year. These events include Oktoberfest, St. Nick Nite, and Rock, Roll, & Stroll.
- Offer two (or more) scholarships at Healy High school for business majors in the amount of $500.00 each
- Donate to Pioneer and Holy Trinity Elementary for gym equipment.
- Donate to Pierz area nursing homes and assisted living facilities for resident activities.
- Donate to the Pierz area Elementary and High School Christmas Toy Drive.
- Coordinate with school social workers to buy cold weather supplies for Pierz Area students.
- Donate to Pierz area parks for playground equipment.
- Donate funds to help Buckman First Response to purchase an AED (Automated External Defibrillator).
- Donate to Morrison County Chaplaincy Fund.
Freedom Fest (and its sponsors!) improve Pierz and the surrounding communities. Thanks Pierz Area Commercial Club!